Monday, June 28, 2010

Postscript

It's now 28 June, about a year since the onset of my frozen shoulder, and time for a final post.

I still have occasional mild ache, mostly at night. Rotator cuff is pretty good.  All up 98%, on those fronts I'd say.

However in the last 3 months or so I haven't made much progress on increasing my range of movement. Not bad, and quite functional, but not quite what it was once.

I now go to the gym a couple of times a week, concentrating on upper body strength. I avoid that masculine thing of hefting huge weights (as if I could).  But I have seen real improvement in my strength.

I can do more repetitions with greater weights. If you start a gym program, I highly recommend keeping notes of how much work you can do.  You'll be amazed at how much you can gain. If you record your achievements, it becomes visible, and you know the good it's doing you.

Farewell and good luck!

3 comments:

  1. That really was the end? Hmm. Hope you're okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I got over my issue as well, also feeling about 98% better. This was such a painful, shocking, unexpected thing to happen and now it is gone. I ended up having 2 steroid shots, went to PT and did exercised obsessively for a while, and through in some therapeutic massage and acupuncture along with strong analgesics and wine. Now it is just a faint memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is usually said Frozen Shoulder takes 3 years to recover but in my grandfathers case, it took up to 2 years for full recovery. Thanks to the Best Orthopedic doctor in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback welcome.