Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fall and Rise

Early on in this malady I decided to log my progress. I need to see whether I am improving or declining. So I created this data sheet.  




Front measures the height I am able to lift my elbow directly ahead; Side is how far to my right side I can lift; Back is how far back I can swing my arm. The last column indicates whether I pre-stretched or not prior to measurement. Since filling that sheet I've added a column to rate my current level of pain. Not sure I'll continue with that.




















 






This shot shows how I marked up the edge of my cupboard door.















I'm using the yellow Sign Here sticker to track my best lift to-date.














Measuring the tip of my elbow on the back-swing.


This isn't terribly scientific because it's too easy for me to cheat (as Feng calls it). If I'm really keen, and can bear the pain, I can push a bit further. But mostly I can gain extra stretch by changing my posture, which means I'm not strictly measuring shoulder rotation.  Still, I figure this effect will be much the same each time I try, and the results seem approximately repeatable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback welcome.