Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cheating

 
This is what Frozen Should does to you. 
The human body is an amazingly intricate device of interconnected parts. When Frozen Shoulder kicks in, you can no longer swing your arm through the full range of movement. To compensate you lift the entire shoulder. Check the height differences of the tip of the shoulder. See the curvature of the spine. Imagine the extra stresses transmitted to the surrounding muscle.

So while the immediate effect is in the shoulder itself, it ripples outwards causing knock on problems.

This photo shows what Feng calls 'cheating'. It shows how you make up for what the joint is supposed to do through contortions in other places.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your notes I have this condition and found that a hot water bottle on my shoulder relieves some pain but I have all the thoughts and grievaces you state--the other thing I have noticed is that I have lost weight on my left hand side -sore side-I get zapped regularly-I have not prescribed to that book that is how I found your blog as I'm not sure whether it will not bombard me thereafter--with annoying emails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!
    I am pleased to say that the book is well produced. I don't know if the treatment works, but it is a very profesional looking piece of work.
    And no, it has not resulted in any spam.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback welcome.