Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Night Stalker

There's something about this condition that means it loves the night. You'll feel okay during the day, but at night it hunts you down and inflicts your sleep time with pain.
 Last night was good, and I only woke up once. Other nights, I wake two or three times. I have to sit up, take extra strong pain killers, and wait for it to subside. Extra strong Tiger Balm and an electronic massager also help.

Feng says he thinks I should sleep on my right side, but laying my body weight on top of the sore shoulder seems a bit much. Last night I lay on my back, but angled towards my right rather than fully on it. That seemed okay.

Feng tells me some people take to sleeping in lounge chairs rather than in bed helps.  I don't know I'm that desperate. It's still winter here, and I'm not keen on spending my nights out in the cold living room.

Why is it that chronic diseases seem to target sleep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback welcome.